Saturday, August 3, 2013

Untitled.

Making me a canvas painting.


My 26 year old sister just announced that she's pregnant.  Ouch.  For the second time.  Ouch.  With twins.  Ouch f*cking ouch.  You know what I've got?  40.  I'm turning 40 in 4 months.  I have no idea why some people get what they do and why others don't.  But it's a pill so hard to swallow, it leaves a giant lump in my throat.  I'm happy for her if she's happy.  And don't get me wrong, I will be the Auntie that loves them the hardest, like I do this little sweet pea to the left as you've all known.  My FB page leaves no doubt.  And this is going to feel like shit for a while so in the meantime . . .




6 comments:

  1. Oh, honey. :( I'm so sorry. I can only imagine how difficult this is for you. Sending love.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chantelle! Means more than you know. It's hard to be the person that feels a little awful & awesome about something awesome.

      Delete
  2. Don't be too hard on yourself - there's nothing wrong having those feelings. Besides you're going to be an awesome aunt to them no matter what, and that's what really matters. Though personally I agree with the ecard...I'll take cake over babies ANY day ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My sister beat me at everything and she was 2 years younger than me. She had the first grandbaby, the second grandbaby, 2 husbands and even died all before me (I don't want the died part), I got married first but that was about all. I know the feelings of a baby for someone and none for me. It's hard but I know you will, like I did, love the neice/nephew as much a worldly possible.
    Take care and have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, I'm so sorry about you losing your sister. Yes, definitely don't want my sister to beat me to that. It's true, I know I'll love them like crazy. I think I always just go through that mini-grieving process every time someone close to me gets pregnant. Then the babies arrive and I'm shopping for clothes and toys to love on them.

      Delete