Monday, August 26, 2013

HOT! HOT! HOT!

We are in the middle of a crazy heat wave.  Days and days.  In fact Saturday, it was 45c/113f with the humidity.  Unbelievable.  Thankfully it wasn't quite that bad for the River Run on Thursday evening.  It was still bad though - for me anyway.  It was 33c/92f.  I slogged along and told myself I would just be happy with not being last and being under 45 minutes.  Mission accomplished.  I was not last. Close but not last and I finished in 43:17.
My face was beet red for hours.

After that, I raced home to shower because my sister is in town with my adorable niece and they were coming over for a late supper.  

My next race is speeding towards me on September 8th.  A 10 km.  Gulp.  I don't have really high hopes for a new personal best because the weather this week is such that I'm pretty sure I won't be running.  30+ every single day.  I could weep!


Thankfully with my lunch classes at work, i'm able to keep a base fitness level happening.  At the race on Thursday I was able to run at least 5 minutes at a time so at least I wasn't back to running one minute walking one minute!  I know some people love it but I can't wait till the end of this heat wave!




7 comments:

  1. The fact that you even run in that heat is crazy!!! If it's 80f or higher, I don't even bother. Good luck keeping cool :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah, I don't bother either unless i'm registered and have to show up!!

      Delete
  2. Yay to finishing...even if the heat was crazy hot! I'm starting to look to find my next race! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also would have bailed on this one if I had another race I wanted to add. But I didn't want to search for another one to make my 13 races in 2013.

      Delete
  3. So glad to see you are still here tackling those walls and winning! I love that you are running! I would be thrilled to do a 5k again some day - we shall see. just wanted to say bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Appreciable blog........!
    Printable funeral program templates available which are competible with word and openoffice
    www.pinterest.com/funeraltemplate/printable-funeral-program-templates/

    ReplyDelete