Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Workout Wonder

...As in, it's a wonder I ever work out!!!  I went to the gym!!  Right after work, I met a couple of evil fit people friends there.  One of the evil fit people them got a copy of some "bootcamp homework" from a co-worker of ours so we went through the three circuits.  It only took 30 minutes but I was toast.  My legs were wobbly walking down the stairs to the locker room!  Basically, from what I can remember, it was a blur of squats, lunges, planks, push-ups, jumping jacks, stationary running, knee drives, dead lifts, and I don't know what else -- does there need to be anything else?!  Geez.  Hehe - I did say to my evil fit people friends that I was only there so I could blog about it later.  :)
Getting home from the gym.

In more working out news . . . at work we have one to two classes offered per day at lunch.  There is a committee at work that is in charge of arranging for instructors and selling tickets for the classes.  You can only buy tickets a few times a year for a certain session and I've never done it.  I was always too concerned about looking all gross and sweaty in the afternoon.  But I've decided that I just shouldn't give a rat's ass.  Today a girl at work was selling some tickets that she won't have enough time to use before the end of the session August 31st so I acquired three tickets to use for the boot camp class offered Fridays at lunch.  This will work great because I get to try the class and to see how going back to work sticky turns out. :)  If it's great, I'll buy tickets for the next session.  I would probably just do the friday boot camp because it is casual Friday so I could get away with a ponytail and a cap for the few hours in the afternoon.  And I do still have a gym membership and in September my favorite classes start up again.

And in running news . . . I registered for a running clinic!  I'm very excited.  It was supposed to start August 4th but seeing as how that is the Saturday of a long weekend, very few people were registered. The store manager called me and asked if I would move to the August 20th group.  This actually does work out better for a number of reasons.  My favorite class at the gym (barbell blast) is Saturday morning so that's a conflict!  I'm registered for a 10km in mid-October so I've got to get my ass in gear!!  I've loved doing running clinics in the past.  I've done the Learn to Run, the 10km, and the half-marathon clinic.  All of them great.  I'm looking forward to running with and hanging out with all the old running crowd.

I don't know about you all but I've been hooked on the Olympics.  I've recorded hours and hours per day and I come home from work and watch it.  A bunch I watch on FF if it's something I'm not interested in or if it's a segment I've already seen.  After over a week of that, I'm Olympic'ed out.  I needed to watch something without cheering or commentators.  I turned to another game.  Game of Thrones!!  I keep hearing all these awesome things about it.  I borrowed season one from a woman at work and finally started it.  It's pretty great but boy do you have to pay attention!  And one character was driving me crazy.  I kept trying to figure out where he was from, I just kept recognizing his voice.  Finally!  I figured it out.  I hate looking these things up because it's just so satisfying to come up with the answer.  This guy!  Mark Addy.  Unbelievable, the sweet guy from the Full Monty is this crazy bastard!!

Now because of this new affection for Game of Thrones, I'm considering getting HBO Canada.  There are quite a few shows that I've either borrowed from friends or watched online that are on HBO.  Girls, The Newsroom, the first two seasons of True Blood, and I'm sure there's others.  Might have to bite the bullet.  It also comes with a few movie channels, you know, so I never have to leave the house. 

I must share this . . . I made these Chocolate Peanut Butter Chews from oh she glows twice over the last week.  They're great.  Just the right amount of sweet and peanut butter without being overly so.   The recipe calls for brown rice syrup but I didn't have any so the first time I made them I used corn syrup and the second time, I used half & half corn syrup and honey.  Both worked fine.  If you've never checked out her blog or recipes, you must.

Any favorite light treats?  When do you prefer to work out?

8 comments:

  1. Workout success! I love that you and I both independently used the word evil as a description :) Must try making those CPB chews...they look delightful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were delicious and so quick and so simple.

      Delete
  2. Was just browsing blogs and came across yours. I have to say you blew my mind with that Game of Thrones photo! I had no idea it was that guy. Sorry that this comment is only about that but my mind is totally blown by that. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't get enough of "Game of Thrones." You're right, though, you have to pay serious attention when watching. Haha! But it is SOOOOOOOO good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm about the re-watch the episode I watched last night. Just talking to my friend at work, I know missed a couple major things. I can't blink! Or get distracted by text messages!

      Delete
  4. Nice to be able to try out the Bootcamps before having to fully commit to the whole package! Great job on the workouts! I have never seen Game of Thrones, but heard a lot about it! I love Angela's blog. I made the avocado pasta not too long ago and it was easy and delicious. Must.Try.Balls.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BAHAHAHAHAHA!!! You know what is hilarious and immature? My friend Tracie & I laugh at 'balls' ALL THE TIME. Seriously, I'm going to be 40 in less than two years and still, it cracks me up.

      Delete