Sunday, February 26, 2012

How the Mighty Have Fallen

To start, two years ago today, I ran the Hypothermic Half-Marathon.  My little brother is running it today for the first time and if I hadn't let myself fall apart and laze about, I could have been running it too.  Boooo.  As I see the FB status updates about being off to the race, I'm so jealous!!  I will run a half-marathon again.  I WILL!!


The falling continues . . . In my previous post, I'd said that I had already lost nearly two pounds that week and my goal was to just not gain while my sister was visiting for five days.  I did well for the first two days she was here but since the trip was actually just a sea of visiting and eating, by day three I was going to hell in a handbasket filled with chips, crackers, and cheese.  It continued right up until yesterday, three days after she left.  There were leftovers!  So hard to see that I've gained my loss back.  Tomorrow is a new day and the start of a new WW points week.  We had a great time though and she's so happy she came to visit us and meet our other sister's baby.  A jolly good time was had by all and we played cards and games and laughed our asses off.  My sister is also an esthetician at a really nice spa in Vancouver so she brought some supplies and gave us all spa-quality facials, it was awesome.  And I had no idea she gave an amazing head massage.  On the Sunday night, I think I laughed myself right into a headache.  She gave me a head massage for about five minutes and it was gone!   Yes, I think I should live closer to her.  I digress, so tomorrow, I'm all about points and walking.  I want to hit 30 km's this week and I'm using my runmeter app to track it.

Now for the tv shows!!!  I love when new shows start up again and new episodes are on again.


The Amazing Race -- I think this might be my favorite reality show.  I looooooove it.  The first episode was last week and teams are so nervous and pumped up that they make silly mistakes.  I almost always feel bad for the first team to go and last week was no exception.  After getting the suv stuck in the sand and knowing they were behind, it was like they ran out the back of the building looking for Phil and the mat so frazzled that they actually couldn't SEE anything.  To see how close he was to the back door would have been heartbreaking.  Of course, Phil couldn't resist digging it in a little by telling them that it was the closest anyone had ever been to the mat without seeing them.  Ouch.  

Survivor -- I will watch but so far I'm pretty disappointed in this season.  Every single season I wonder why oh why oh why do people go on Survivor without having learned how to make fire.  I was disappointed that the women were running to the men.  I did love how they stole the ember in the night especially considering the men stole stuff from them right off the bat.  But seriously??  After you got your fire going from your stolen ember, you couldn't keep it going??  Oh ladies.  I really wish they'd lose their lame alliance already, it's pretty obvious they picked wrong.  That's what happens when you pick in the first 30 minutes on your very first walk to camp.  Sigh.  I hope the ladies get it together and start working together, if not, it's going to be a tribe full of men and the women's tribe down to one.  

The Bachelor -- Oh Courtney, I will say this, without you, this season would have been dullsville.  I'm going to take a minute to bash the editing team of the Bachelor.  My sister noticed the first thing so after that we started paying attention.  During Kacie B's hometown date (most awkward hometown ever), when they kept going to Ben's interview portions that were supposedly happening during the date, he was wearing a different shirt.  It was close but definitely different.  And his hair was longer.  So obviously shot at a later date.  Then on Courtney's hometown, editing completely fell apart.  First, I thought it was weird that they didn't spend their alone time together and then go to her parents.  That's how it always works.  First, there was the pathetic voice-over of Courtney saying she felt bad about some of the things she said to or about the other girls.  My theory, they taped that after because he picks her in the end and they don't want the world to still loathe her.  Also, when they went to her interviews, she was wearing the same outfit, her hair looked different and she wasn't wearing any of the jewelry.  During the lunch, I kept wondering why she & Ben were wearing these weird rings on their ring fingers.  Then they leave, wearing the rings.  Then they walk across to have a little wine picnic where the faux wedding is set up and they aren't wearing the rings but he's talking about how great it was meeting her parents.  Then she hijacked her "vows" from Sex & the City, nice.  She was planning this whole thing and the best thing she could come up with was not her own?  Lame.  Then at the faux wedding, they put the rings on.  So what the hell???  It obviously happened before the meal and that's why they had them on then.  And trying to make Courtney look good now??  Too little too late.  It's not them editing her to be a villain when all of those things came out of her mouth.  Plus, in previous seasons where someone came off looking bad, the other girls would set the record straight after and say that the other lady wasn't that bad.  This time, not one has come to her defense and say that what you see is totally accurate.  But again, in a way, thank goodness for her, because I would have ditched this season a while ago.  Now I can't wait till the Women Tell All or the After the Final Rose.  

Parenthood -- I don't hear a lot of people talk about this show but I LOVE IT!  Last week's episode made me cry about half a dozen times.  So much happened!!!!  And I'm dying to know what the monetary offer was to buy the recording studio.  If the first offer was $1 million, I'm betting the second one was $3 or $5 million based on Adam's expression.  

So to sum up -- I watch too much TV, thank goodness for PVR.  I'm going to walk 30 km's this week and count my points.  Any special goals this week?



6 comments:

  1. I feel like we have a lot in common! I LOVE Parenthood and The Amazing Race. I watch The Bachelor just to see what a zoo Courtney is - YIKES! I used to LOVE Survivor but I felt like I was just watching the same show over and over again.

    I hope to be able to run a 1/2 one of these days. I think it would be so fun to do the Las Vegas 1/2 or the Walt Disney World half. I feel like if I am going to work so hard to be able to do one, I should make it a destination run.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A destination race would be awesome. A trip and a half-marathon! Speaking of having a lot in common, I bought a couple books for my Kindle last night because of you! I just finished The Maze Runner and wanted to take a break between book one & two so I bought Bright Lights, Big Ass & I've Got Your Number. I love Sophie Kinsella and usually snap up a new one right away but I didn't know there was a new one out!!

      Delete
    2. Oh man - I started another book today that I can NOT put down. It's called the Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern. From the 1st paragraph I was hooked. I hope you like Bright Lights, Big Ass. She wrote another memoir about trying to lose weight called "Such a Pretty Fat". I read it every few months to help stay motivated. She's so honest and funny and real about losing weight. If you like BLBA, totally give it a shot.

      Delete
  2. I've noticed the discreptancies in Bachelor too, and I couldn't believe that she took the vows from Sex in the city!! If Ben does pick her in the end, it's going to be a nasty breakup! I haven't gotten into The Amazing Race or Parenthood, and haven't watched Survivor in yrs. It's hard not to enjoy TV! There is lots of good shows and as long as it's not all we do then I say who cares! It's the cheapest form of entertainment for us, and we are trying to watch our bucks! I'm with you, back on track everyday this week! It so hard with company visiting! Glad you had a great visit though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear ya on the budget and if I can watch shows online and borrow dvd's from friends or hop on netflix, that's what I'll do.

      Delete
  3. Mighty have fallen.Thanks for sharing this information which is useful for all.

    php web development

    ReplyDelete