Saturday, August 28, 2010

Today IS Tomorrow

For months now I've been saying, "I'll start tomorrow".  Every time I have a plan to "start tomorrow", there is a last supper of sorts.  I have the bad stuff I will miss once I start on my diet.  Then tomorrow never comes and I've once again ingested more calories than I likely would have had I not given myself the tomorrow deadline.  About one hundred "last suppers" over the last 6 months eventually equated to another 30 pounds!  So hard to swallow these situations I created myself.  But . . . TODAY IS MY TOMORROW!  It's Saturday today.  I figured it would be easier to get myself back into the gym if I started on the weekend so I wasn't waiting for the Monday (last supper-ing away my weekend) and by Monday I will have two gym visits under my belt.

My Goals for Week One
1. Walk 30 minutes per day.
2. Drink 3 litres of water per day.
3. Eat at least 5 servings of fruits & veggies per day.
4. Try a new recipe.

I've decided that I'm starting small and will add/increase goals every week.  So many times I've created this crazy all-out plan and then I last a week and burnout and gain back more than I lost in that week.  I want this time to be the time that the weight stays off.  Forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment